Find out what 9 of the top care management solutions are for 2023 - as well as a little more about what a care management system is, how they work and how to choose the right one for your care business.
What is a care management solution?
A care management solution, also known a digital care management solution, is a software system designed to help providers of care manage their operations and provide high-quality services to those in their care.
These solutions typically include a range of features to support care management - including scheduling and rostering, care planning and documentation, staff management, and invoicing and payroll!
Care management solutions are often cloud-based, which means that they can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. This includes desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This means care providers are able to manage their operations from anywhere, at any time, and to collaborate with their care team and service users more effectively.
The benefits of this sort of easy, quick alerting and responsiveness are often transformative for care providers; rather than taking weeks to pick up on and respond to an alert, now any care provider can keep on top of things as they come in. A great care management system also helps to structure and organise all the incoming information, making it a fantastic tool when it comes to showcasing evidence for a regulatory body or local authority tender!
Some of the most common features of care management solutions are:
- Care planning and documentation: Enables care providers to create and manage care plans for service users, document care delivery, record observations and assessments, and monitor service user progress.
- Scheduling and rostering: Allows care providers to create and manage staff schedules and rosters, assign staff members to service users, and track staff availability and attendance.
- Team management: Helps care providers manage their staff, including recruitment, training, supervision, and performance management.
- Invoicing and payroll: Streamlines billing and invoicing processes, tracks payments, and manages payroll.
Care management solutions can really help domiciliary care providers. By automating long-winded administrative tasks and providing real-time information and insights, these solutions can help care providers really professionalise their business and take their amazing care even further.
Top 8 best care management solutions
It’s important to always research before making any decisions! That’s why there are some tips on how to choose the best care management solution for your business below. In the meantime, here are some of the most popular care management solutions for domiciliary care providers in the UK:
1. birdie: birdie provides care management software, including care planning, rostering and finance tools, to domiciliary care providers across the UK and Europe. birdie is purpose built for domiciliary care providers, and allows users to understand care recipients’ deeper needs, build highly personalised plans, rapidly respond to alerts and changes as they happen. birdie software works by your care team’s side, providing essential information in real time - and works through a desktop office hub and an easy-to-use app for carer professionals out on visits.
2. CareLineLive: A cloud-based care management software that provides domiciliary care providers with a range of tools and features to manage their operations more efficiently. These include scheduling and rostering, care planning and documentation, electronic call monitoring, staff management, invoicing, and real-time monitoring and reporting. CareLineLive is designed to reduce administrative tasks, making it a popular choice among domiciliary care providers.
3. CarePlanner: A web-based care management system that focuses on scheduling and rostering, care planning and documentation, staff management, and invoicing and payroll. It can enables domiciliary care providers to manage their operations more efficiently, with support of features like automatic scheduling and billing. CarePlanner also offers a mobile app for carers, allowing them to access and update client information on the go.
4. CareSys: A ccare management software that provides domiciliary care providers with a range of features, including care planning and documentation, scheduling and rostering, staff management, invoicing, and reporting and analytics. CareSys is designed to reduce administrative tasks, with reporting and analytics tools built to provide insights into business performance and outcomes.
5. CM2000: A care management system specialising in electronic monitoring and scheduling, risk management, staff management, and invoicing and payroll. CM2000 is designed to improve efficiency, reduce errors, and enhance the quality of care delivery. Real-time monitoring can ensure that domiciliary care providers are able to respond faster to issues or concerns.
6. iCareHealth: A care management software that offers care planning and documentation, electronic medication management, and staff management. iCareHealth is designed to reduce administrative tasks, enabling domiciliary care providers to re-focus on providing high-quality care to their clients. Features such as electronic medication management and real-time monitoring help ensure that clients receive a basic standard of care.
7. My Homecare: A care management software that provides domiciliary care providers features including care planning and documentation, scheduling and rostering and staff management. My Homecare is designed to improve care delivery and help domiciliary care providers to manage their operations more efficiently.
8. PASSsystem: A care management software that provides care planning and documentation, electronic medication management, staff management and analytics. PASSsystem is designed to reduce administrative tasks, enabling domiciliary care providers to focus on providing care to their clients. Features also include electronic medication management and real-time monitoring.
Check this out! birdie spoke to real Care Professionals at Alina Homecare to see how they find using birdie... article continues below!
How to choose your future care management solution?
Choosing the best care management solution for a domiciliary care business can be a challenging task!
Here are some tips to make sure you choose a system as closely aligned to your business’ needs as possible:
- Identify your business needs: Start by evaluating your business requirements and identifying the areas that need improvement. This can include scheduling and rostering, care planning and documentation, staff management, invoicing and payroll, electronic call monitoring, and reporting and analytics.
- Compare features: Look for care management solutions that offer the features you need, such as automatic scheduling, real-time monitoring, electronic call monitoring, and invoicing and payroll. Consider whether the solution is user-friendly and offers a clear workflow that is easy to use and understand.
- Check user reviews: Read reviews from other domiciliary care providers to get a sense of the pros and cons of each solution. This can help you evaluate each solution's effectiveness and determine whether it is the right fit for your business.
- Consider pricing: Evaluate each solution's pricing structure, including any ongoing costs or fees, to determine whether it fits within your budget.
- Look at security and uptime: Make sure that your care management solution has up-to-date security and priorities uptime. If your system goes down, or has a data breach, then that can be very distressing for you, your team and your care recipients - not to mention a potential safeguarding hazard. An easy way to find a care management solution with strong security and uptime is to choose one from the NHS assured supplier list, as they have had to go through rigorous testing to be a part of it.
- Evaluate customer support: Consider the level of customer support each solution offers, such as technical assistance, training, and ongoing support, to ensure that you can get the help you need when you need it.
By taking the time to thoroughly evaluate each care management solution, you can make an informed decision and choose the one that best fits the needs of your domiciliary care business - after that, it’s time to take on the task of onboarding you and your team to your new software. Find out more about how birdie helps our partners take on that journey here…
Want to try birdie for your business? Hit the demo button below.
We think you’ll love it. However, there’s no obligation to buy, no sales pitch and no commitment.
See if it suits you.
Partner Education Week Two
This is step 2 of your educational journey. This week we are going to be discussing how to best scale your rota! This is your chance to learn the best practice for creating your most effective rota.
Dynamic Purchasing System: what you need to know
This article provides a simple breakdown of what a DPS is, the benefits of them for health and social care businesses, how to register with one and some examples of different DPS’ available right now.
Let us show you how birdie can help
You're the expert. You deserve home healthcare technology that motivates your team and helps you grow.