In the world of homecare and domiciliary services, the adoption of a dependable care call monitoring system is of paramount importance.
These systems not only elevate the quality of care provided but also offer reassurance to care professionals, care managers, care recipients, and their families.
This article aims to guide homecare providers in selecting the best care call monitoring system tailored to their specific needs.
10 Best Domiciliary Care Call Monitoring Systems
Birdie stands out as a significant care call monitoring system designed to streamline operations and enhance the quality of care provided.
With features like real-time visit tracking, digital care plans, and secure messaging, Birdie empowers care professionals to deliver personalised and efficient care.
The Birdie app works seamlessly offline and online meaning carers can carry out tasks and check in and out of visits with ease even in areas of low or no signal, and know that it'll automatically sync and be visible to agencies when they're next online.
The features below are some examples of how Birdie further enables care providers and care professionals to deliver personalised and preventative care to people in the comfort of their own homes.
- The geolocation feature allows you to use and check the GPS location of care professionals to determine if they are in an expected location. A care professional’s location is only tracked upon them checking in and out of their visit, giving you peace of mind that care professionals are safely where they're meant to be and delivering care at the right location.
- Flexible geolocation radius settings allow you to choose a radius that suits you and your care recipients. This is helpful when carers live in rural areas or areas with low/no signal, and it might be necessary to extend the radius to improve the accuracy of the geo check-in feature.
Here you can see screenshots of the geolocation feature in action on the app - please note this is from the care professional’s perspective:
Real time alerts
- Any late visits, incorrect locations, missed medications, and concerns raised all trigger real-time alerts straight to the Agency Hub, allowing your care management team to quickly respond to risks and concerns that might need urgent attention.
- The inbox function allows you to filter and prioritise urgent actions, including concerns raised during visits and demonstrate your responsiveness with a clear audit trail of decision-making.
- This feature is one of Birdie’s most requested features. The interactive body maps make it easy for care professionals to visualise any concern and share skin issues in real-time with the team. The interactive tool allows for precision and detail when reporting skin injuries, and centralises time stamps, notes and actions making it even easier to surface evidence for audits.
Take a look at how our digital body maps work on the Birdie platform!
Want to see how Birdie and all the above features work? There’s no obligation to buy, no sales pitch, and no commitment.
CareLineLive offers a user-friendly platform with features like real-time care call monitoring, scheduling, and reporting. It also integrates seamlessly with popular care management software, making it a versatile choice for domiciliary care providers.
PASSsystem provides a digital care management platform that ensures accurate care delivery through real-time information sharing. Its electronic care planning and medication management features make it a valuable tool for care professionals.
Nourish Care is a person-centred care planning and monitoring system that emphasises simplicity and effectiveness. With features like electronic care records and task management, it enables care professionals to focus on providing quality care.
This platform offers a comprehensive suite of solutions, including CareScheduler and CaregiverMobile, which facilitate efficient care scheduling, real-time communication, and streamlined documentation for domiciliary care providers.
Unique IQ combines scheduling, electronic call monitoring, and reporting features to provide an integrated solution for domiciliary care agencies. Its mobile app enables care professionals to access important information on-the-go.
CAREfirst offers a robust software solution that includes scheduling, billing, and electronic visit verification capabilities. It also integrates with popular electronic health record systems, making it a versatile choice for homecare providers.
Log my Care
Log my Care is a free electronic care planning and monitoring system that simplifies the recording of care notes and observations. Its intuitive interface and accessibility make it a great option for smaller domiciliary care agencies.
CarePlanner provides a comprehensive scheduling and electronic visit verification platform that is user-friendly and customisable. It also offers features like invoicing and reporting to streamline administrative tasks.
KareInn focuses on improving communication and data sharing between care professionals and care providers. Its digital platform includes features like medication management, care notes, and activity tracking.
Read also - 8 Best Care Management Mobile Apps
How to Choose Your Care Call Monitoring System
Selecting the right care call monitoring system for your domiciliary care agency requires careful consideration of several factors:
- Scalability: Ensure the system can grow with your agency and adapt to changing needs.
- Integration: Look for systems that seamlessly integrate with existing software and processes.
- User-Friendly Interface: A user-friendly platform will reduce training time and increase adoption rates among care professionals.
- Compliance and Security: Verify that the system meets industry standards for data security and compliance with regulations.
- Customer Support and Training: Access to reliable customer support and thorough training resources is crucial for a smooth implementation.
Advantages of Using a Domiciliary Care Call Monitoring System
Implementing a care call monitoring system in your domiciliary care agency offers a range of benefits, such as:
Improved Care Quality: Real-time monitoring and documentation ensure that care plans are followed accurately, leading to better outcomes for care recipients.
Enhanced Communication: Care professionals can easily communicate with each other and with care providers, ensuring everyone is on the same page.
Increased Accountability: Transparent tracking of visits and tasks promotes accountability among care professionals.
Efficient Scheduling: Automated scheduling features help optimise care professional assignments and reduce scheduling conflicts.
Streamlined Administration: Digital documentation and reporting simplify administrative tasks, saving time and resources.
Selecting the right domiciliary care call monitoring system is a crucial step towards providing high-quality, efficient care to care recipients.
The 10 systems outlined above, with Birdie at the forefront, offer a range of features and capabilities to meet the unique needs of your agency. By carefully considering factors like scalability, integration, and user-friendliness, providers can make an informed decision that will benefit both care professionals and care recipients alike.
Want to try Birdie for your business? Hit the demo button below.
We think you’ll love it. However, there’s no obligation to buy, no sales pitch and no commitment.
See if it suits you.
What's new at Birdie: November 2023
This month we launched one of our most highly-requested features, a brand new Message Centre that lets you send real-time updates to your Care Professionals, along with some exciting new Care Management and Finance tools!
Birdie Ranked Number 6 in the list of Fastest Growing Technology Company in the 2023 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 UK
Birdie ranked number 6 in the 2023 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest-growing technology companies in the UK. Rankings are based on percentage revenue growth over the last four years. Birdie grew 5435 per cent during this period.
Integrated Messaging for Care Agencies: What is it and its Benefits
Integrated messaging for care agencies emerges as a game-changer, fostering seamless collaboration and information delivery for care teams. This article unravels the essence of integrated messaging, its workings in the context of care, the compelling reasons behind its adoption, and the substantial benefits it bestows upon care teams. Additionally, a spotlight will be cast on one of the leading care management systems equipped with an integrated messaging tool: Birdie.
Let us show you how birdie can help
You're the expert. You deserve home healthcare technology that motivates your team and helps you grow.