An in-depth look at the current state of technology in home care
It's been a challenging 12 months and the care industry is at a crossroad. The sector has undergone huge changes, in tech adoption, regulatory guidance and policy.
Our brand new report takes a reflective look at how technology is enabling providers to prepare for the road ahead. From fighting the inefficiencies of today, to building the foundations for the next generation of care, the report will equip you with practical guidance to tackle 2021 and beyond.
We'll take you through our findings, success stories and steps to becoming a more productive homecare agency. In this report you'll learn:
- The current state of the care industry
- How to make the biggest savings in efficiency and cost
- Real success stories from agencies who are shaping the future of care
- The roadmap for your productivity: Understand at what stage of your digital journey you are, how can you level up and how Birdie can help you.
Key report findings:
- 89% of care businesses are using technology to improve their efficiency, profit margins and quality of care.
- An average of 67 medication errors a week are being caught by using Birdie's eMAR solution but only 47% of businesses are using this technology.
- 33% of home care businesses believe that they do not have the time to implement a technology solution.
- 60% of those using technology believe it saves over 7 hours a week on average once they are up and running.
- Almost 20% of businesses implemented new care technology in the past year (as a result of COVID-19)
- 34% of respondents use technology to enable remote working.
- On average care businesses save between £6,000 - £12,000 a year by using technology
- 34% of new care businesses are digital native, having started their business with technology.