New report finds that 89% of home care providers are now using technology
An in-depth look at the current state of technology in home care
It's been a challenging 12 months and the care industry is at a crossroad. The sector has undergone huge changes, in tech adoption, regulatory guidance and policy.
Our brand new report takes a reflective look at how technology is enabling providers to prepare for the road ahead. From fighting the inefficiencies of today, to building the foundations for the next generation of care, the report will equip you with practical guidance to tackle 2021 and beyond.
We'll take you through our findings, success stories and steps to becoming a more productive homecare agency. In this report you'll learn:
- The current state of the care industry
- How to make the biggest savings in efficiency and cost
- Real success stories from agencies who are shaping the future of care
- The roadmap for your productivity: Understand at what stage of your digital journey you are, how can you level up and how Birdie can help you.
Key report findings:
- 89% of care businesses are using technology to improve their efficiency, profit margins and quality of care.
- An average of 67 medication errors a week are being caught by using Birdie's eMAR solution but only 47% of businesses are using this technology.
- 33% of home care businesses believe that they do not have the time to implement a technology solution.
- 60% of those using technology believe it saves over 7 hours a week on average once they are up and running.
- Almost 20% of businesses implemented new care technology in the past year (as a result of COVID-19)
- 34% of respondents use technology to enable remote working.
- On average care businesses save between £6,000 - £12,000 a year by using technology
- 34% of new care businesses are digital native, having started their business with technology.
What's new at Birdie: September 2023
We've been working on lots of exciting features this month, including added flexibility when scheduling medications, requiring outcomes for all visit tasks and the ability to add visit-specific fees.
Best eMar Software
What are the 9 best eMar software for homecare and domiciliary care providers in the UK? Find out in this article!
Care Worker Skills: Ensuring Quality Domiciliary Care in the UK
To deliver high-quality care, care workers must possess a unique set of skills that go beyond medical expertise. We explore the essential skills every care worker should possess, the impact of communication skills, emotional intelligence, and empathy, and ways in which care workers can continuously improve their skill set.
Let us show you how birdie can help
You're the expert. You deserve home healthcare technology that motivates your team and helps you grow.