As a home care manager, you’re juggling every part of the business: staff development, recruitment, auditing and compliance, quality control, communicating with HCPs and families… the list goes on.
As well as managing the daily activities within the agency, you also have to think about marketing to attract new clients and grow your business.
To help you plan ahead, we’ve partnered with Smooth Digital to bring you 7 ways to master your home care marketing in 2022.
1. Make sure your website is user friendly
Functionality is the most important website feature for a home care agency. Your website might look the part, but if it’s clunky or frustrating to use, your visitors won’t stick around for long.
- Keep website copy concise and to the point. People don’t want to read through pages of text to find the information they need.
- The website should be easy to navigate, with clear menus and a logical structure so that people can find their way around.
- Visitors won’t wait for a slow-loading website, so make sure your site speed is as fast as possible. There are a few possible reasons for slow loading web pages, including coding issues, unoptimised images or poor hosting.
- Your website must be responsive, meaning that it displays correctly on any device; desktop, tablet or mobile.
- Use the Home page to share the important information you want users to see first, like your CQC rating, location, and what makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Include clear calls to action throughout the site to get users to take the next step; perhaps book a call, sign up for emails or arrange a meeting.
2. Increase website traffic through blogging
Improve ranking in search engine results pages by creating optimised content to share on your blog.
- A blog gives you more opportunities to get in front of your audience at the right time by showing up in specific online searches.
- Readers can get to know your agency through your blog, helping you build trust and showcase expertise.
- You can target specific keywords in your content to attract customers looking for what you have to offer.
- A helpful blog may differentiate you from another home care provider and help you win over potential customers.
3. Use videos on your website to increase engagement and conversions
Embrace video as a way to tell your story and share your company values. Video content performs well and can be one of the best ways to drive engagement and conversions. Make sure videos are of a professional standard and have subtitles so that viewers can watch with the sound off.
You could use video to:
- Give a broad overview of your home care services
- Share testimonials from your customers (personal recommendations are an extremely powerful sales tool)
- Walk viewers through a home care assessment
- Film interviews with carers and managers so viewers can meet the team.
4. PPC Marketing
With Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing, you bid for your ad to show at the top of the search engine results page when someone searches online for a particular keyword.
PPC marketing can offer a great return on investment (ROI) because users who search for your keyword have already shown intent to buy, and you only pay for your ad when someone clicks on it.
- PPC allows you to target audiences who have a high purchasing intent at the time they are most interested.
- Carry out keyword research to make sure you’re bidding on keywords that are important to your business and likely to drive the right customers to your site.
- Start small and test as you go. Review, refine, then increase the budget when you know what works.
- Paid ads are measurable and trackable, so it’s easy to spot a direct impact on revenue.
5. Live chat functionality
Customers love Live Chat because they can get their questions answered instantly. A ‘real’ person on the chat is always best for that human connection, but chatbots are a great backup option, and you can use them to answer common questions when no one is available to reply in person.
Benefits of Live Chat include:
- Moving customers down your sales funnel more quickly, as you can address their objections instantly and remove the barrier of them having to find information manually.
- Better user experience as website visitors get their questions answered straight away by a knowledgeable expert in your agency.
- It’s a fast, efficient and convenient method of communication.
6. Email marketing
Email is the perfect tool to drive new business as well asand nurture and support your existing customers. Email marketing can have an excellent ROI if you get it right, as you’re speaking to warm leads who’ve already shown interest in your agency.
- Segment your subscribers, so they receive only the relevant emails they need at that time. For example, someone who has just discovered your agency might want to know more about how home care works, while an existing client might want to know about new carers in the team.
- Dedicated email marketing software makes it quick and easy to build and personalise emails and send them out to large numbers of subscribers without compromising privacy laws. If your marketing emails are not in line with UK GDPR privacy laws, you could be fined.
- You can use email marketing to share different types of content: special offers, videos, newsletters, expert advice and more.
- Test different subject lines, content types, delivery days and times, to see what works best.
7. Build a strong Social Media presence
Social media can help you spread the word about your home care agency to a wide audience, raise your exposure and grow your brand.
Engaging with your audience is the key to standing out against your competitors on noisy social media channels, so schedule some time to be active on socials.
- Research which social media channels your ideal customers are using. If your potential clients are searching for home care agencies on Facebook, that’s where you need to be.
- Social media is less formal than other marketing channels, so keep it light and don’t be afraid to inject a bit of personality into your content.
- Tailor content for each platform. If you share exactly the same post in multiple places, it won’t format correctly across all channels. You’ll need to resize images, only use hashtags where appropriate and adapt your tone of voice to suit the channel.
- Use social media to share all your other content, like blogs, company news and announcements.
Actioning these 7 tips will help you up-level your home care agency marketing and stand out from the competition.
Still confused, need more help or are excited to start your growth journey? Get in touch with the team at Smooth Digital and they will help you!
The right home care software saves you time, so you can focus on refining your marketing strategy and growing your business. Book a free demo with Birdie to learn more.
Best eMar Software
What are the 9 best eMar software for homecare and domiciliary care providers in the UK? Find out in this article!
Care Worker Skills: Ensuring Quality Domiciliary Care in the UK
To deliver high-quality care, care workers must possess a unique set of skills that go beyond medical expertise. We explore the essential skills every care worker should possess, the impact of communication skills, emotional intelligence, and empathy, and ways in which care workers can continuously improve their skill set.
What Is The Purpose of A Care Plan?
In the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare, the importance of individualised care cannot be overstated, it's a field where the focus is not just on treating ailments but on enhancing the overall well-being and quality of life of patients in the comfort of their homes.
Let us show you how birdie can help
You're the expert. You deserve home healthcare technology that motivates your team and helps you grow.